This workshop has been developed to get you started and having fun with Blender3d as a design tool, without getting stuck in the software’s complexity
First, you will learn to navigate within the application and handle basic primitives. We will keep the simplicity by mainly using only these objects, except some extruding, curve and text editing. The trick to get around this set limitation is using modifier. You will learn how to use modifier in Blender to draft your concepts, which you otherwise would need to do manually. Bring your own logo or idea in svg format or on paper and you will have a starting point. You will finish with a final image rendered with a easy-to-use real-time shader system.
- Learn some basics about computer-generated 3D imagery
- Be introduced into Blender3D and learn how to navigate and handle objects
- Use modifier as tools to create an idea in a short period of time
- Create and prepare a design in Inkscape and convert it into a 3D mesh
- Use a real-time shader system to create different looks with minimal afford
- Position a camera and render final results